Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Name Game

So, dear eaters, we're still trying conjure up a name for our little endeavor. 

Here are the top contenders.

1) The Red Clay Cafe - it's a nice Georgia theme, has an earthy feel to it, and lends itself well to a neat logo with marketing potential. If you've never been to Georgia, here is a photo of what our red clay looks like:

photo from jim270

2) The Good Life - which comes from the album and song title from one of our favorite local musicians, Corey Smith. This would also make for some fun promotional/marketing items, neat t-shirts and mugs, etc.

photo from coreysmith.com

3) The Midland - our little town is home to a historic railroad line called the Gainesville Midland. I like the ideal of the railroad theme, and I'm also fond of making a connection with the history of our town. Here is a photo of the train from the early 1900s.


photo from the Gainesville Midland RR webpage

For practical purposes, we've given ourselves a deadline of Friday to finish our brainstorming and to officially select a name.

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions?

6 comments:

  1. i love them all...i like the railroad thing, what about the midland whistlestop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worry you might run into copyright issues with The Good Life since it is a local singer's album name. But maybe not. I like Red Clay Cafe....has a nice ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Red Clay Cafe!

    I think it is awesome that you are following your dream and doing this. I have thought about doing something similar more than once and my husband is completely on board. But actually proceeding with my dream really scares me! I can't wait to read more and good luck with your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Good Life. Because after all, that is what you're seeking out by following your heart and making these changes. You're looking to fully embrace The Good Life and that is exactly what will happen with your new venture!

    I'm proud of you, girl. Can't wait to visit your new place :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Red Clay Cafe. People love an inside joke they can get, and most of us Southerners have some ruined clothes as evidence of our red clay knowledge. Plus, it just rolls off the tongue so nicely... the name, not the clay (ew). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like The Midland, but I also think Red Clay Cafe is good too. By the way, I think what you're doing is great. I really want to open a bakery of my own too, but I'm so scared to try! I wish you all the best! Keep us all updated! :-)

    -Amy
    www.singforyoursupperblog.com

    ReplyDelete